Blockchain event : Hear from Kay Swinburne MEP, Bart Chilton, ex-CFTC and more
Blockchain technology, initially introduced to enable Bitcoin and digital currency transactions, as a distributed database containing every transaction ever executed in a digital currency, is now one of the most promising technological developments for financial markets and beyond. How is this shifting dynamic affecting the financial markets landscape, and what should you know about the regulatory challenges surrounding it?
Please join regulators and leading industry experts in this unique roundtable on the revolutionary technology of the Blockchain.
Among the topics to be covered:
- Blockchain developments in the US, Europe, Australia and Asia
- Regulators perspective, legal challenges, smart contracts, industry implications
- Welcome Remarks: Simon Levine, DLA Piper, Global Co-CEO and Managing Partner
- Keynote: Dr. Kay Swinburne, Member of European Parliament and UK Conservative Spokesperson on Economic and Monetary Affairs
- Roundtable: Blockchain legal and technological developments
- Moderated by: Dr. Nicolette Kost De Sevres, DLA Piper;
- Speakers: Dr. Hossein Kakavand, CEO, Luther Systems, others to confirm
- Concluding Speech: Former US Trading Honorable Commissioner Bart Chilton
- Coffee Reception
WHEN: Friday, May 13, 2016 from 8:30 AM to 10:30 AM (BST)
WHERE: DLA Piper UK LLP - 3 Noble Street, London, EC2V 7EE